We are looking to appoint an inspirational principal to lead our school and support it through the next stage of development.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced or aspiring leader to join our successful and growing school community.
Salary Competitive + benefits (depending upon experience)
Full Time, Fixed Term, Contract term: 2 years
Start date 01/08/2022 (or sooner through agreement)
Not suitable for NQTs
Apply by 10 Jan 2022
The principal will have the overall responsibility for the leadership, organisation and management of JCS to ensure the delivery of:
- a strategic vision
- a plan for the growth in student numbers
- an excellent learning environment which meets the needs of the students and staff and the expectations of the parents
- change management
About the person
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with all the school’s stakeholders.
The person should be dynamic, passionate and inspirational, with the vision and capabilities to plan strategically and handle change management to support the school’s growth. S/he must be a team leader and a team player. A willingness to contribute to the wider community life and to be an ambassador for JCS is essential.
Experience of secondary level education and an ability to teach a subject at secondary level (IGCSE and A level) will be a distinct advantage.
About the School
JCS was founded in 2012 and is a small, not-for-profit school serving expatriate, local expatriate and local children. It encourages children to be life-long learners as well as being globally and environmentally aware of the world in which they live. The school is governed by a voluntary board and is supported by an enthusiastic parent community. It follows the British National Curriculum where learning is enhanced by the rich cultural heritage and influences of our region. Our ethos and core values are founded on respect, diversity and acceptance, with a holistic approach to child development which empowers children to become confident and engaged learners.
- A competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience and in line with the size and organisation of the school
- A creative, exciting, friendly and vibrant working environment
- Happy, well behaved and motivated students
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of staff
- University degree and teaching qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ school experience
- Excellent knowledge of the English National Curriculum at all phases
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Previous leadership responsibilities will be considered as an advantage
- Leadership qualification (NPQH or similar)
- Masters level qualification
To apply for this position, please provide your CV, a letter of application, a recent photograph and the names and contact information of 3 referees to [email protected]
For more information about our school and living in Indonesia, please visit our website at https://jogjacommunityschool.org
Jogjakarta Community School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 – 18 years
Jogjakarta Community School
Jl Watugede Mudal Sariharjo Ngaglik Yogyakarta 55581 Indonesia