We are looking to appoint an inspirational class teacher to lead the EYFS department.
Salary Competitive + benefits (depending upon experience)
Full Time, Fixed Term, Contract term: 2 years
Start date 01/08/2022
Apply by 10 Jan 2022
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced or aspiring world-class teacher to join our successful and growing school community.
A class teacher should be a forward-looking person committed to providing quality education and who should have the highest possible expectations for all students. He/she must assume the responsibilities for teaching classes according to the National Curriculum of England and Wales. The education and welfare of pupils should be consistent with the philosophy embodied within the School’s vision, the School Improvement Plan and the appropriate departmental objectives. Phase leadership opportunities would be available for the right candidate.
About the person
The successful candidate will have the excellent ability in nurturing each child and to meet their individual needs through the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. The person must be able:
- To develop and support each child’s individual experiences and ideas based upon their own personal circumstances.
- To provide a peaceful and interesting learning environment where each child can feel safe and relaxed.
- To promote the joy of learning, encouraging curiosity, creativity and imagination, forming a positive foundation that will grow with each child throughout their entire education and beyond.
- To develop social and emotional integration through individual and group learning.
- You will have a flexible approach, a positive attitude and the ability to build positive constructive working relationships with children, colleagues, parents, students and other professionals as appropriate.
About the School
JCS was founded in 2012 and is a small, not-for-profit school serving expatriate, local expatriate and local children. It encourages children to be life-long learners as well as being globally and environmentally aware of the world in which they live. The school is governed by a voluntary board and is supported by an enthusiastic parent community. It follows the British National Curriculum where learning is enhanced by the rich cultural heritage and influences of our region. Our ethos and core values are founded on respect, diversity and acceptance, with a holistic approach to child development which empowers children to become confident and engaged learners.
- A competitive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience and in line with the size and organisation of the school
- A creative, exciting, friendly and vibrant working environment
- Happy, well behaved and motivated students
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of staff
- University degree and EYFS teaching qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ school experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum
- Native English
To apply for this position, please provide your CV, a letter of application, a recent photograph and the names and contact information of 3 referees to [email protected]
For more information about our school and living in Indonesia, please visit our website at https://jogjacommunityschool.org
Jogjakarta Community School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 – 18 years
Jogjakarta Community School
Jl Watugede Mudal Sariharjo Ngaglik Yogyakarta 55581 Indonesia